Monday, December 31, 2007

Sony Ericsson Z710i

I've been using one of the latest mid-priced ($250 or so) smartphones from SE of late. I'm very impressed with the compact clamshell form factor, the sound clarity, excellent reception--probably due to the antenna bult into the top of the phone like a Walkman--and 2mp camera.

But do you know what the BEST feature is? It's easy to operate. While BlackBerry users struggle to keep their devices from falling out of the hands (the same can be said about Nokia's "N" series--wow, what bricks), I flip my phone open on T-Mobile and read my mail, place a phone call, shoot a pic, attach it to an email and send it off, flip the phone shut and I'm done. I haven't even tried the music player yet, but I can already see how easy it's going to be.

The Z710i has the audio player controls on the top of the front flip--similar to an LG 8300 from Verizon. SE's sharp looking charcoal case is smoothe to the touch, avoids scratching and has a sturdy built hinge that's the best I've seen on flip phones. (Take that BlackBerry oyster--I mean Pearl). I bought the phone from Phonesource-USA on eBay, one of favorite, most professional sources. They claim to operate out of Las Vegas but I've received quick shipments from Hong Kong. Although the inventory isn't large, they usually have an assortment of the latest smartphones.

No comments: